The Congress calls for youth participants in 27th session
The Congress has decided to devote a large part of its two sessions in 2014 to the theme “Empowering youth: a shared responsibility for cities and regions”. For its 27th session (14 to 16 October 2014), the Bureau proposes to invite one young person to participate in the Congress’ work and debates, as part of each of its 47 national delegations. The youth delegates will be invited to take part in the debates and will be able to participate in the meetings of the three Congress committees. An introductory programme will be organised, led by professional youth trainers from the Council of Europe’s pool of specialised trainers, on the eve of the session. A debriefing will be held on Thursday afternoon in the presence of the youth delegates, members of the Congress Bureau, heads of the national delegations, and other Congress members.
The youth delegates, one per national delegation, should meet the following criteria:
- be open, committed and motivated to develop and strengthen dialogue between young people and elected representatives;
- be between 16 and 30 years old;
- have been resident in one of the Council of Europe member states for a minimum of five years;
- be a member of a local or regional youth council or parliament, or a local or regional elected representative, or a representative of a youth NGO, or a youth-led structure;
- be available and motivated to engage in the whole of the activity from Monday 13 October to Thursday 16 October at 17.30;
- have an interest in actively participating in policy making at local and or regional levels;
- be able to multiply the information obtained during the session at home;
- speak one of the languages interpreted during the session (English, French, German, Italian, Russian).
Applicants are invited to submit a short video, via YouTube, of no more than 45 seconds, to support their application. The link to the video should be sent together with the application.