About the Info-point
The Council of Europe Information Point in Belarus was established on June 8, 2009. It is a structural unit of the Belarusian State University and operates within the framework of the international technical assistance project.
The activity of the Information Point is intended to promote the development of interaction between Belarus and the Council of Europe, as well as to raise awareness of state bodies, public organizations, the media, universities and citizens of the Republic of Belarus about the fundamental values, legal instruments, achievements, policies and activities of the Council of Europe.
The main tasks of the Council of Europe Information Point in Minsk include:
- Organisation, implementation and support of large spectrum of the Council of Europe events, including, among others, lectures, seminars, round tables, conferences, thematic competitions and exhibitions, etc.;
- Translation, publication and distribution of information material, including audio and video materials;
- Improvement of functioning of the Information Point library and development and promotion of the Information Point website;
- Organisation and support of visits of representatives of the Council of Europe to the Republic of Belarus and the representatives of Belarus, including those from Belarusian State University, to the Council of Europe;
- Provision of information about the Council of Europe and it`s activities following request of non-governmental organizations and citizens.